Sunday, May 20, 2007

Phew!

Finally finished:

IMGP0132.JPG
IMGP0135.JPG
IMGP0141.JPG

I didn't have to use the fourth skein of Regia Silk so hopefully I still have the receipt. I had a terrifying amount left:
IMGP0119.JPG

I will have to add elastics to the tops because they slouch like crazy. I guess I should have added 8 extra stitches instead of 16 but I was too lazy to do my own math. They're also a tad too short, like every project I make, because I get too eager to finish. One's even slightly shorter than the other.

But they're very silky and comfy and finished before it's too hot to wear them!

3 comments:

Glenna C said...

Gorgeous! Fantastic job. Interesting to hear your comments - I have been considering tightening up the ribbing with a smaller needle size when I (finally!) do mine. I suppose one benefit about not havign started mine yet is being able to soak up all this wisdom. ;)

jill said...

Beautiful! I have wondered if making them longer would eliminate some of the slouch a bit. I don't know why that did not occur to me when I finished the first sock but it hit me like a brick when I finished the second.

jill said...

Beautiful! I have wondered if making them longer would eliminate some of the slouch a bit. I don't know why that did not occur to me when I finished the first sock but it hit me like a brick when I finished the second.